2023 Accounting & Auditing Related Parties
£75.00 (Exc. VAT)
Presented by Peter Herbert. CPD Points/hours: 2
Course Description: Even in the small entity arena, related party transactions are a challenge from an accounting and audit perspective. This course will cover all the common issues and how to address them. Topics will include:
- How are ‘related party’ and ‘related party transaction’ defined?
- Key disclosure similarities and differences – FRS 102 v FRS 102 Section 1A v FRS 105
- FAQs on overdrawn directors loan accounts
- Audit work on related party transactions at the planning, fieldwork and completion stages of SME and charity audits
- Areas of concern for audit regulators and how to address them
About the Presenter: Peter is a director of Insight Training. Peter qualified as a Chartered Accountant with an international accountancy firm before working in industry. With over 20 years of training experience, Peter writes and presents technical updates for managers and partners of national firms of accountants and qualified accountants in both the private and public sector. Peter specialises in financial reporting (UK GAAP and IFRS), auditing, practice regulation and company law. He has a particular interest in charity, academy and pension scheme accounting and audit.